Objective of the Symposium
North American universities very regularly promote research within the undergraduate students. Motivated by that practice, the School of Business & Economics (SoBE) and the Institute of Business & Economic Research (IBER) of United International University (UIU) are collaborating to organize the 2nd National Inter-University Undergraduate Research Symposium 2019 (URS 2019). Though the concept is quite new for our context, URS is expected to create an opportunity for discovering new ideas and knowledge through engaging undergraduate students in different areas of research in business discipline. The major concern of this kind of research symposium is to encourage the undergraduate students to carry out research activities in their field of interest especially in the business education.
URS aims to encourage research initiatives of the young minds so that they too can contribute towards making a difference in the academic arena. Additionally, it intends to promote UIU among researchers, academicians, business leaders and policymakers. Below is the program plan:
- This symposium is open to all public and private university undergraduate students.
- Any undergraduate student – currently enrolled or graduating in 2019 – will be able to submit a research paper.
- There are five different tracks of research – Accounting & AIS, Finance & Banking, Management & HRM, Economics, and Marketing.
- All participants must submit their research papers in the prescribed process within the deadline.
- Research papers received will go through a blind review process by multiple PhD-holding reviewers, and will be assessed on the basis of originality and independence of thought.
- Only shortlisted participants will get the invitation to come to UIU and present their research papers in front an esteemed jury panel.
- At the end of the presentation session, the winners will be awarded and all the presenting participants will be provided with a certificate of participation.
Guidelines for the Article/paper
- The research paper must be original work. Internship thesis paper/project paper on a unique scope modified in the structure of a research paper will also be accepted.
- Any identical version of this research paper must not have been submitted in any other competitions or journals.
- Excessive plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Each and every research paper will be checked with “Turnitin”, anti-plagiarism software, to assess plagiarism level. Highest accepted plagiarized portion percentage is 20%.
- For referencing, APA 6th edition referencing system should be followed.
- The paper can be maximum 10 pages excluding reference & appendix. The suggestion would be to be as precise and concise as possible.
- The paper needs to be written in English language.
- The paper will need to be formatted in a specific way.
- Required font: Times New Roman
- Required font size: 12
- Line spacing: 1.25