School of Business and Economics at United International University is going to organize the first ever Inter-University Undergraduate Research Symposium (URS) in Bangladesh. Such programs are routinely organized by leading North American universities. URS is expected to create an opportunity for discovering new ideas and knowledge through engaging undergraduate students in different areas of research. This will give students a platform to explore the realm of research.
URS aims to encourage research initiatives of the young minds to contribute towards making a difference in the academic arena. Additionally, it intends to promote UIU among researchers, academicians, business leaders and policymakers. Below is the program plan:
- This symposium is open for all public and private university students.
- Multiple teams of faculty members will visit universities within Dhaka to distribute the invitation letter to participate along with leaflets and posters.
- Relevant documents (invitation letter, leaflet, and posters) will be mailed to universities outside Dhaka.
- All participants must submit their abstracts/research papers by email within the deadline.
- Abstracts/research papers received will go through an evaluation process and will be assessed on the basis of originality and independence of thought.
- Only short listed participants will get the opportunity to come to UIU and present their research papers.
- At the end of the presentation session the winners will be awarded and all the participants will be provided with a certificate of participation.